Whipping Cream Biscuits
2 c. self rising flour
1 stick VERY COLD, salted butter
1 c. heavy whipping cream
1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. To a medium mixing bowl, add 2 cups self rising flour. (I think White Lily is the best for biscuits)
3. Using a grater, quickly grate one stick of cold butter and add it to the flour mixture.
4. Incorporate the butter into the flour with your hands or a pastry blender until it’s all combined and there are small, pea sized pieces of the butter and flour mixture throughout.
5. Add 1 cup of whipping cream to the butter/flour mixture and work it all together with your hands until it’s just combined. Be careful not to overwork the dough.
6. Turn the dough out onto a generously floured surface. Roll your dough in the same direction to about 3/4 inch thickness.
7. Using a 2 inch round biscuit cutter, cut out the biscuits and arrange them so that biscuits slightly touch one another on a parchment lined baking sheet.
8. Place on a center oven rack and bake until tops of biscuits are golden
9. Serve with your favorite jam or preserves and ENJOY!!!!
Makes 20-24 2 in. biscuits, depending on dough thickness