2 1/2 cups bisquick
1 cup buttermilk (plus an additional tablespoon at a time, when needed)
1 lb. hot sausage (I use Jimmy Dean)
1. In a mixing bowl, combine bisquick and buttermilk. You can add additional milk by the tablespoon if needed until the mixture holds together well but is not super wet. Form dough into a circle and divide in half.
2. Flour your work surface with extra bisquick.
3. Using a rolling pin, roll out 1/2 dough into a 12×8 rectangle on your floured surface.
4. Divide sausage in half.
5. In between two pieces of wax paper, roll out 1/2 lb. of sausage into an 11×7 rectangle.
6. Removing one sheet of the wax paper, place sausage onto bisquick mixture and make sure it is centered. Once centered, slowly and carefully remove top layer of wax paper.
7. Roll into a pinwheel shape long ways.
8. Wrap with wax paper and foil.
9. Repeat above steps to make second pinwheel.
10. Freeze pinwheels.
11. When ready to bake, let pinwheel roll sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes. Using a sharp knife, slice into 1/4 inch pinwheels.
12. Place on parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 14-16 minutes.