1 8 oz. block Cracker Barrel yellow sharp cheddar, grated
1 8 oz. block Cracker Barrel extra sharp yellow cheddar, grated
1 medium yellow onion, grated (squeeze out any excess onion liquid with your hands)
1 cup toasted, chopped pecans
1 cup Hellman’s or Duke’s Mayo
1/4-1/2 t. cayenne pepper (depending on desired spiciness)
1 jar Strawberry preserves (my favorite is Bonne Maman)
1. Grate cheese and place in large mixing bowl. (Don’t skip this step. Pre-grated cheese will not so you any favors here.)
2. Clean grater and grate the onion, squeezing out any excess liquid with your hands. Add to cheese.
3. Toast pecans in oven or in a skillet on the stove for just a few minutes, until they began to become fragrant and a bit darker. (3-5 minutes max) Cool.
4. Add mayo and cayenne pepper to cheese and onion mixture. Add cooled pecans as well.
5. Combine mixture well. Place mixture in an open circle (like a wreath) on edges of serving plate and using plastic wrap over your hands, mold into a ring shape. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. (You can make this a couple of days ahead)
6. When ready to serve, remove from fridge and place strawberry preserves in the center of your ring. Garnish with desired edible garnish for wreath-like look.
7. Serve with your favorite butter crackers. I like to use either Pepperidge Farm Butterfly butter crackers or club crackers.