Ingredients and Recipe:
2 bunches of Kale (washed and roughly chopped)
2 large honeycrisp apples, peeled and sliced into about 1/4 thick slices
3/4 cup pepitas
1/2-3/4 cup shaved Parmesan Cheese, depending on desired amount
Pumpkin pie spice to taste for pepitas, apples, and dressing.
2 1/2 t. Dijon mustard
4 T. Apple cider
1/8 c. Balsamic vinegar
1 T. Honey
Extra virgin olive oil
Kosher Salt to taste
Fresh cracked pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Thoroughly rinse kale and give it a rough chop and place it in your serving bowl.
3. Drizzle a few tablespoons of Olive Oil over your kale and massage it to tenderize. Let kale rest in bowl for about 10-15 minutes
4. Place pepitas on baking sheet. Sprinkle with a bit of salt and pumpkin pie spice. Roast for about 10 minutes in the oven, stirring half way through cooking to make sure they don’t burn or overcook.
5. Once pepitas are out of the oven, raise the temperature to 450 degrees.
6. Place apples on a baking sheet and sprinkle with a generous amount of Pumpkin Pie Spice. Once oven temp has reached 450, roast apples for 10-15 minutes or until apples are just barely beginning to brown on the edges. Make sure not to overcook.
7. To assemble dressing: In another bowl, add Dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar, honey, salt, pepper, and pumpkin pie spice to taste. Whisk to combine.
8. Add olive oil while whisking constantly to allow dressing to emulsify.
9. Add dressing to kale. Toss. Top with apples, pepitas, and freshly shaved Parmesan.